This guide will help you get started with viky.ai. We will guide you to create your first agent to structure information from contents and to retrieve relevant information in these contents by interacting with your data in natural language.
We will demonstrate different capabilities of viky.ai through a very simple use case:
- You have some contents where you want to retrieve the postal address to create some metadata, for instance to classify the information.
- Furthermore, you have customers who want to query these contents by searching with a postal address. Queries should be in natural language to facilitate the interactions.
In practice, you will create an agent allowing you to send a text to the viky.ai Agents API and it will extract the French postal addresses in a structured way.
Best practices to start
Defining the scope and usage is your first priority before starting any new project in viky.ai. It will help you create the most appropriate design for your agents.
What is a postal address?
- A postal address usually contains a route, a street number, a postal code, and a locality.
- It could also contain additional information about the floor, the apartment, the building.
- It would be interesting to have the GPS coordinates of the locality, to use on a map, for instance.
Postal addresses could be slightly different from one country to another. So let’s start this tutorial with French postal address!
A typical example is: 12 avenue de Flandres 75019 Paris (find some information about postal addresses on Wikipedia).
Can I reuse components or should I create everything from scratch?
Think about the elementary components you will need to create agents that are able to identify a postal address.
In the example “12 avenue de Flandres 75019 Paris”, the decomposition into elementary components gives:
12: Street number
avenue: Route type
de Flandres: Route name
75019: Postal code (i.e. a specific pattern of numbers)
Optionally, it could contain information about the apartment, building, floor.
viky.ai already contains some generic agents - numbers and French cities - to help you in this creation.
We will create a module (named Agents in viky.ai’s world) able to identify each part of the address, and a postal address.
Create an agent
Login to viky.ai. You will see an interface listing the available agents. Click on the “New Agent” button.
A modal box with the form “Create a new agent” opens.
- Fill the
Namefield with “Address Tutorial”.
- Set the
Private, so that you will be the only user to see this agent.
- Fill the
IDfield with “address-tutorial”.
- Check the following options for languages:
fr (french)and uncheck
- Choose a background color or upload an image.
- Submit the form with the “Create” button.
The agent is now created. By default, you land on the Overview tab of the agent.
On the left part of the UI, you can edit agent’s configuration, manage access rights, dependencies and add a Readme to describe your agent. On the right part, a console allows you to play with the agent, but we will come back to it later.